Proposed Development Plan
Dakota County is in the process of updating its master plan for Lebanon Hills Regional Park with a controversial Development Plan. After the 60 day public comment period ended in January 2014, the County Commissioners redirected the process to a Citizen Advisory Panel. The panel has until December 31, 2014 to review the park plans and advise the County Board.
Lebanon Hills Citizen Panel Update – July’14: after three meetings, our notes on the county’s control of this process.
LHRP Citizen Advisory Panel meeting #4 – Thurs., 7/17, 6pm
Western Service Center (Galaxie library building), Room L139
14955 Galaxie Ave , Apple Valley
- Agenda: Natural Resources Restoration – Management Review and Comment
- Meeting is open to the public. There is no opportunity for comments.
Dakota County Board meeting – Tues., 7/22, 9am
Western Service Center (Galaxie Library Building), Room L139
14955 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley
- Lebanon Hills is expected to be on the agenda
- Panel Facilitator will update the Board on the Panel’s progress to date.
- Meeting is open to the public; comments are welcome and are limited to 5 minutes.
Citizen Panel Posts – all our meeting agenda, recap, and summary posts:
7/11/14 – After three panel meetings, our evaluation of the process
7/11/14 – Notice of fourth panel meeting & agenda
6/15/14 – Recap of second panel meeting
6/10/14 – Notice of second panel meeting & agenda
6/5/14 – Recap of first panel meeting
4/30/14 – Notice of panel facilitator hiring
4/9/14 – Advisory panel appointments by County Commissioners
- Audobon Society letter and Petition has been moved to the Public Comment page.
- What’s in the Proposed Plan information has been moved to the Master Plan / What’s in the Plan page
- Comparison of Past and Planned Priorities has been moved to the Master Plan / 2001 to 2014 Comparison page