Dakota County is in the process of updating its master plan for Lebanon Hills Regional Park with a controversial Development Plan. After the 60 day public comment period ended in January, the County Commissioners redirected the process to a Citizen Advisory Panel. The panel has until December 31, 2014 to review the park plans and advise the County Board.
Visit our Booth at Outdoor Adventure Expo
Midwest Mountaineering’s Outdoor Adventure Expo is a weekend of free presentations on outdoor adventure travel and issues, tents full of booths for outdoor guides, destinations, and gear, plus everything in the store is on sale.
Our booth will be promoting Lebanon Hills Regional Park’s summer activities and educating the public on Dakota County’s controversial 2014 Development Plan.
Citizen Advisory Panel
Thank you to everyone who applied for the Citizen Advisory Panel.
April 8, 2014, Dakota County Board of Commissioner meeting:
The Lebanon Hills Citizen Advisory Panel was named
District 1 (Slavik) — Leo Reid, Dawn Lanning
District 2 (Gaylord) — Ben VanGundy, Tim Wegner
District 3 (Egan) — Steve Yaeger, Lisa McGinn
District 4 (Schouweiler) — Tom Stirratt, Rob Strange
District 5 (Workman) — Don Matthys, Michael Hughes
District 6 (Krause) — Todd Kemery, Bob Swan
District 7 (Gerlach) — Jeff Little, Jeff Milbauer
At Large (Gerlach) — Mary Thompson
At Large (Schouweiler) — Monica Foss
At Large (Workman) — Holly Jenkins
At Large (Schouweiler) — Wayne Sames
At Large (Egan) — John VonDeLinde
- The Panel Chairperson is expected to be Tony Nelson, a member of the Planning Commission Citizen Advisory Panel.
- Park staff has not yet hired a Facilitator for the panel.
- Meetings are expected to begin in May and be held monthly through December.
- Meetings will be open to the public, but it is not expected that comments will be allowed during the panel meetings.
Dakota County Park Site that includes all county information on the Citizen Panel
Scope of Work document
Citizen Panel Composition and Selection Process document
County Board’s Resolution
Citizen Advisory Panel member list on county website
- Audobon Society letter and Petition has been moved to the Public Comment page.
- What’s in the Proposed Plan information has been moved to the Master Plan / What’s in the Plan page
- Comparison of Past and Planned Priorities has been moved to the Master Plan / 2001 to 2014 Comparison page